As a country known for its diverse culture and rich resources, Nigeria has witnessed remarkable growth and transformation over the years. Some of the key players in this progress are the construction companies, whose dedication and expertise are vital in shaping the nation’s roads , skyline and improving the lives of its people. With many abandoned projects in the country , these companies stand out from the pack.In this post, we’ll take a look at the top construction companies in Nigeria, their contributions, and how they play a pivotal role in the nation’s journey towards sustainable development.
Top construction companies in Nigeria
Construction companies in Abuja
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
Since the completion of its first project in 1965, Julius Berger has become a household name and one of the most popular construction companies in the nation. With its head office in Abuja, the company specializes in the construction and maintenance of civil structures, bridges, highways and regional roads. In coastal areas, the company specializes in the construction of turnkey harbors, wharfs, jetties, loading installations and warehouses. Its other services include construction and refurbishing of airports and runways marine services, building products and equipment sales .
- Construction of the Eko Bridge, Lagos.
- Emergency rehabilitation of runway and taxiways at international airport, Abuja.
- Akwa Ibom stadium complex.
- Lekki ikoyi Link Bridge.
Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited (RCC)
Reynolds construction company, popularly know has RCC specializes in roads, water, buildings, quarries and plants. Its head office is located in Jabi, Abuja
- Rehabilitation of Lagos shagamu expressway
- Dualization of benin asaba road, section 1&2
- Construction of benin bypass dualization
- Construction of CBN prototype state branch building Awka
Setraco Nigeria Limited
Founded in 1977, Setraco Nigeria Limited has established itself as one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria. The company specializes in construction of roads, bridges and other infrastructural projects. Setraco is also involved in the production of asphalt, aggregate and precast (concrete).Its head office is located in Garki, Abuja
- Construction of Amassoma – Toru – Ebeni bridge and access road
- Rehabilitation of Enugu – Abakaliki road
- Ananmbra river bridge
- Otuocha bridge
Dantata & Sawoe Construction Company
Popularly known as D&S, Dantata & sawoe construction company was established over 40 years ago and currently boasts of a workforce of 4,000 employees and over 80 expatriates.
D & S is a household name to government and private developers. The company specializes in the construction of buildings, highways, township roads, bridges , irrigation projects and airstrips.The company has its head office in Garki, Abuja
- Construction of Bayelsa State Airport along Amassoma Road
- Dualization of Lokoja – Benin Road Section III, Phase 1, between Auchi and Ehor including bridges, Edo State
- Completion of Benue State Teaching Hospital, Makurdi, Benue State
- Construction of New Dutse Airport Runway, Apron, Access Road and associated works
E.M Micheletti & Sons Nigera Ltd
E. M. Micheletti & Son (Nigeria) Limited began business operations in Nigeria in 1952 and was incorporated in 1955. Its early operations were mostly construction of roads and bridges before expanding to water resources.Its head office is located in Wuse, Abuja
- Camp for Shell, Owerri
- Government Secretariat Enugu
- Supreme Court, Enugu
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Jos
Arfo Construction Company Nigeria Limited
Arfo construction company Nigeria limited was established in 1991. The company is a subsidiary of Arfo group of companies limited which specializes in buildings and civil works. Arfo’s head office is located in Garki, Abuja.
- Rehabilitation of Calabar –Ikom Road
- Refurbishment of NNPC Staff Quarters, Ekan, Warri
- Renovation of Staff Housing Estate Kurmukrushi, Port-harcourt
- Rehabilitaion of Calabar –Ikom Road Section III: Nko-Ikom Road
Kakatar was incorporated in 2002 as an engineering company with multiple disciplines. Kakatar Construction and Engineering Company is the engineering arm of Kakatar group which specializes in the construction of roads, bridges, buildings and water systems. Kakatar’s head office is located in Maitama, Abuja.
- Apo/Karshi road
- Maitama Extension
- Construction of Mbaise – Ugwa Road Phase 1, Owerri
Ceezali has been in the construction industry for over two decades. The company has successfully completed many projects nationwide. This includes the building of roads, stadiums, high-rise buildings, and many other civil engineering projects. Ceezali’s head office is located in Wuse II, Abuja.
- provision of integrated engineering infrastructure to Mabushi District in Abuja
- construction of a 16-km dual carriage roadway in Kogi State, the Ganaja-Otokiti
Badawa Engineering Company Limited.
Badawa Engineering company Limited has successful executed tons of civil engineering services, architectural design, building construction, road construction, real estate and flood control projects since its establishment over a decade ago. Badawa’s head office is located in Wuse, Abuja.
- Construction of 30 housing units for Exceeding Grace Estate Abuja
- Construction supervision of Alexandra brown hostel, UCH, Ibadan
- 600meters Access road within Dakibiyu province, Abuja
- Construction supervision of Dunamis Church, Abuja
Construction Companies in Port Harcourt
Monier Construction Company (Nigeria) Limited
Monier is a Nigerian owned construction company with a heavy presence in the South east and south south region of Nigeria. The company was established in 1955 and incorporated in 1957. Monier construction company specializes in the construction of roads, bridges , buildings and canals.Its head office is located at Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Nkpogu bridge/road Port Harcourt
- Nkpor Flyover and Ire-Obosi site
Lubrik construction company Ltd.
Incorporated in 2007, Lubrik’s rapid growth has made it one of the top construction companies in southern Nigeria. The company specializes in buildings and development of infrastructure, marine and civil projects. This includes construction of bridges, roads, ports and water reservoirs. Its head office is located in Port Harcourt, River State.
- Igwuruta road port Harcourt
- Rehabilitation and dualization of Iloabuchi road
- Expansion of Ikwerre Road (Port Harcourt)
- Design and construction of onne port
Ferotex Construction company
Ferotex Construction Company Limited was incorporated in 2006 as a sister company of Ferotex Company Nigeria Limited. The company specializes in civil and road construction. Ferotex’s head office is located in PH/Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Construction of Orba obollo road
- Drainage at aba Owerri road, Abia state
- Construction of bridges at Udenu Enugu
- Iheaka road construction
Construction Companies in Lagos
Arab contractors is a leading house hold name in the construction Industry in Nigeria. The company provides construction services in more than 29 countries around the world. The company was established in Nigeria in 1991 and has its Nigerian head office in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Arab contractors specializes in in the construction of public buildings, bridges, roads, power stations, housing and the manufacturing of steel structures.
Major projects completed
- Lagos state house
- NDIC Head office building Abuja
- Reconstruction of Owerri – Elelele Road
- Construction of administrative building for the Egyptian embassy
Elalan Construction Company
Elalan provides complete construction solutions to its numerous clients in Nigeria. Established as a Limited liability company in 1982 and has grown into one of the biggest names in construction in Nigeria. Its head office is located in Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
- Structural steel and architectural finishes Chi Limited warehouse
- Design and construction of EVAP & Laboratory
- Osin Foods Ibadan
- 7up bottling plant
- Structural steel and architectural finishes Nestle malt plant
Adold Engineering Company Limited
Adold engineering company limited is an engineering and construction development company incorporated in 1976. Adold provides a full range of services which includes: buildings, civil works and oil and gas services. The company’s head office is located in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Dualization of Ibadan – iseyin junction to iseyin- pako junction
- Construction of high rise residential building at park view estate
- Development of 530 bed hostel at Ajayi crowther university
- Construction of virgin Atlantic head office
Rosaab International Limited
Fully incorporated in 1974, Rosaab international limited describes itself has a multibusiness infrastructure development company that offers engineering and construction solutions to public and private organizations.It’s projects span across different states in Nigeria and some countries in Africa.It head office is located in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Day water man road
- Church of the nativity
- Sweet kiwi fast food outlet.
- Production of all signage elements for all Toyota outlets in Nigeria and Ghana
ITB Nigeria Limited
ITB Nigeria Limited is a renowned industry leader in the construction of high rise buildings in Nigeria. The company was established in 1995 with a mission to deliver innovative and top quality building structures in Nigeria.Its head office is located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Kingsway tower office development, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Akwa ibom International convention center
- New Yenogoa Hospital Bayelsa state
- The national assembly complex
Hitech Construction company Limited
Hitech contruction company limited is a subsidiary of Chagoury Group founded in 1988. Hitech’s services includes road construction, bridges, railways, dams, Irrigation and marine installations. Hitech’s head office is located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Bar beach shoreline protection
- Osborne jetty and terminal building
- Eti osa epe expressway
Nahman construction limited
Founded in 1969 by Joseph Nahman, the company initially operated as a building and civil engineering contraction company before expanding into real estate development, furniture and asphalt manufacturing.The company’s head office is located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Construction of corprorate affair commission head office complex
- Lagos state Governor’s lodge
- Construction of employee housing, Dangote cement ibese
- Construction of Holy cross catholic church main Building
Arbico Plc is a full service building and civil engineering construction company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978. Its services include: Pre-construction and estimating design, project management, procurement and construction management. Arbico’s head office is located in Ilupeju, Lagos
- Coleman Factory development
- Oba elegushi residence
- NBC Asejire plant
- Park Inn
- KAAF building
Tast Qua Sat company Ltd
Tast Qua Sat services include: civil engineering, buildings, , estate development, road construction and aluminium roofing works. The company’s head office is located in Alakuko, Lagos.
- Construction of Office Complex Buildings at Atan, along Igbesa Road
- Fabrication and Installation of Steel and Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic Tanks Berger Paint Nigeria Plc
- Construction of Warehouse/Storage Building Global Berages Limited
- Construction of 12.0 km Irele Ekiti – Ponyan Road
Sana group has its head office in Ikeja, Lagos. The company was established in 2007 in Lagos with specialty in the food industries , chemical plants , and heavy industries. The company is one of the top construction companies in Nigeria , Ghana and Cote d’ivoire.
- Raffles Palm Oil Refinary
- Kellog’s factory
- Northern Noodles phase Housing
- Batch plant Agbara
- Retail Shop CHI Ltd
- Dana milk factory
Stellar constructions Limited
Stellar constructions Limited is a general engineering and Construction Company established in 2013. The company specializes in industrial structures, property development , infrastructure works and residential estates. Other services include: equipment sales and leasing land acquisition & Consultancy.Their head office is located in Ikeja, Lagos.
- Dredging /Landfill and infrastructural development at Ibeju Lekki , Lagos
- Warehouse building at ijesha lagos
- Luxury flats at ilupeju for Metrozone properties ltd
- Residential estate of 104 units at Lekki for SAMTL Properties
Efficacy Construction company
Efficacy Construction company specializes in all building construction, civil engineering and project management works. Its services includes :building construction, civil engineering and infrastructure services, water & sewage treatment systems, drainage systems, real estate development, road construction and project management. Efficacy’s head office is located in Victoris Island, Lagos.
- Eighteen 65 residencies Victoria Island
- Peak Park estate Lekki
- Savvy court Allen Ikeja
- Lagoon View estate Yaba
Craneburg specializes in civil constructions, design and build solutions to the oil & gas, marine , manufacturing industries and other technical industries. Their head office is located at Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos State
- Construction of Epe road Phase I
- Design and construction of LASEMA emergency fire response unit and hostel
- Construction of 3.9 km Azikwe road in port Harcourt
- Larfarge Holcim concrete road
- Eti-Osa / Lekki / Epe Expressway – Phase 1
- Ijebu Ode Interchange Flyover
Other construction companies in Nigeria
A.G Ferrero & Co. Ltd
A.G Ferrero & Co. Ltd was established by its Late Founder, Antonio Giovanni Fero in 1949 and fully incorporated in 1959. The company is well established as a building and civil construction company in northern Nigeria.
The company specializes in integrated construction systems, civil works, buildings, furniture , precast and sheet piles.Its head office is located in Kaduna south, Kaduna State.
Major projects completed
- Federal low cost housing scheme – Baga road and drainage
- Malali low cost housing scheme – internal road and drainage
- Federal university of technology minna – Interior roads , drainage network and bridges
- Construction of Jigawa broadcasting house
Ratcon Construction Company Ltd
Ratcon Construction Company Ltd is one of the leading construction companies in southern Nigeria. Since its establishment in 1990, Ratcon has executed many construction and infrastructural projects in the country. The company specializes in road and bridge construction, buildings and quarries. The company’s head office is located in ring road, Ibadan.
Major Completed Projects
- Rehabilitation of Ilesha township
- Construction of Myjoy Factory
- Rehabilitation of Benin-Shagamu Road
- Rehabilition of Idiroko mile 12 road